Whip up a quick and tasty weekend lunch with these flavoursome pork burgers with plenty of fresh ingredients.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 potato buns, split
- Unsalted butter, softened, for spreading
- Coleslaw, for topping
- Use a food processor to pulse the bacon and garlic until coarsely ground.
- Combine the ground pork, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the sage in a large bowl. Add the bacon mixture and gently mix with your hands. Gently form the meat into 4 balls, then lightly press into 4-inch-wide, 1-inch-thick patties. Make a 2-inch-wide indentation in the centre of each with your thumb to prevent the burgers from bulging when grilled.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Season the patties with pepper. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and grill until the other side for 5 minutes or until cooked. While the patties are cooking, spread the cut sides of the buns with butter and toast on the grill.
- Serve the patties on the buns; top with coleslaw.
- Enjoy your pork burgers
The majority of the ingredients in this recipe are available in our store, please head in to see us and we would be glad to help you put this delicious meal together.