If you’re a fan of ribs then you are sure to love this recipe. Texan spicy beef ribs will have you licking your fingers and reaching for more.
- 1 rack of beef ribs (approx 3kg)
- 1 tbsp cumin, toasted & ground
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp coriander, toasted & ground
- 1 cup beer
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 tbsp chilli, dried
- 1 tab hot chilli, (bonnet) chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups honey
- 4 bay leaves
- Using a sharp knife, score the ribs about 2cm apart and place into a large tray.
- Place the smoked paprika, cumin, garlic, brown sugar, bay leaves, chilli, onion, ginger, thyme and coriander then mix all the marinade ingredients together
- Cover both sides of the ribs with salt and pepper rubbing the salt into the grooves then repeat with the marinade.
- Allow ribs to marinate for 3 to 48 hours.
- Turn the ribs upside down and on a large tray, covered with a lid or foil, place into the oven and cook at 150ºC for 2 hours, or until tender.
- Flip the ribs over and baste with the juices in the cooking tray.
- Place ribs back into the oven for up to 30 minutes at 200ºC until they caramelise.
- Enjoy your Texan spicy beef ribs.
The majority of the ingredients in this recipe are available in our store, please head in to see us and we would be glad to help you put this delicious meal together.