Entertain your family whilst Easter Sunday lunch is cooking with a delicious, finger-licking appetiser like Tangy Barbecue Wings.
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 190℃. Cut through the 2 wing joints using a sharp knife to discard wing tips. Arrange remaining wing pieces in 2 greased baking pans.
- Bake 30 minutes; drain. Turn wings; bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes and occasionally stir.
- Drain wings. Place one-third of the chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with one-third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours. Stir before serving.
- Enjoy your tangy barbecue wings.
The majority of the ingredients in this recipe are available in our store, please head in to see us and we would be glad to help you put this delicious meal together.