Dear Customers, Please be assured that Pendle Hill Meat Market will remain open.
As laws and rules change we will adjust our business accordingly, but our store will remain open and supply will continue, even as other restrictions to different services may be introduced we will stay open for our customers unless required to close.
Distancing measures have been introduced in our store for the wellbeing of our customers, our employees, and the community.
- Use your trolley as a distance guide between each other
- Follow the floor markings throughout the store
- Use tap and pay wherever possible
Customer statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
As the World Health Organization confirms Coronavirus (COVID-19) as pandemic Pendle Ham and Bacon Curers and Pendle Hill Meat Market is intensifying its efforts to mitigate the spread of the virus among our employees, customers, partners and suppliers. Our facilities are 100% operational and we are taking all possible measures to ensure we can maintain this service level while ensuring the health and safety of all that interact with our facilities.
We are closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and are following the recommendations of global and local public health authorities. We will continue to provide updates as the situation develops.
At this time, there are no direct impacts to operations or delivery of capacity and no employee has been confirmed with COVID-19.
To ensure that we continue to have the most effective responses to this situation, PHB and PHMM are taking the following measures:
- We have initiated daily reviews of our Business Continuity Risk Assessments
- We are significantly boosting safety protocols across our facilities, including implementing critical sanitary measures, placing signage in our facilities advising visitors and staff how to minimise the risk of infection and providing regularly updated advice to staff on how to manage risks of infection and recognise symptoms
- We are increasing the communications with our customers, partners and employees to ensure they only enter our premises if they have not travelled to impacted areas, as defined by the World Health Organization, within the past 14 days and are symptom-free.
- We are deferring all non-essential travel and increasing the use of communications technology to enable our partners and team members to work remotely in a fully productive way if possible.
- We are transitioning to a minimum critical onsite staff level within our Business Continuity Planning framework or where we have received specific notifications from authorities with respect to the Coronavirus.
- We will continue to closely monitor the situation, assess the risks, and take the necessary action to ensure the continued operation of our facilities and services.
- Our retail and wholesale facilities are equipped with the supplies to ensure they remain fully operational and can provide products to our customers and communities.
- We regularly engage our critical suppliers to confirm their pandemic response plans and have reviewed their capacity to provide ongoing service in support of our business and customers.
- Online ordering is being implemented and will be available soon.
If you have any further questions in relation to the above, please contact our store manager.