Quality Pendle Ham & Bacon Triple Smoked Leg Ham On the Bone paired with a sweet and tart redcurrant glaze is the heavenly Christmas match you’ve been looking for!
- 250g Redcurrant jam
- ¼ cup of Brown sugar
- 2 tsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Black Peppercorns
- Pendle Ham and Bacon Triple Smoked Leg Ham On the Bone
- Cloves for studding
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Prepare glaze by combining all glaze ingredients overheat and stirring continuously for 5 minutes. Strain out peppercorns.
- Remove skin from ham and score diamond shape into fat, do not score meat. Insert a clove into each cross-cut.
- Add 1 cm of water to the bottom of a roasting tray. Place a wire rack inside the tray and place ham on top. Brush half of the glaze evenly over the ham and set the second half aside for basting every 20 minutes.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours or until fat is caramelised and meat cooked through.
The majority of the ingredients are available in our market. Come in and ask our friendly staff members for any information you might require to make this a success.