This sweet summer pork salad deserves to be matched with a tender piece of pork. Use a good quality pork tenderloin cut to support and not overpower the salad’s flavours. If you’re looking for the finest quality meats, you know where to head.
- 750g pork tenderloin
- 150g mixed salad
- 2 peaches cut into wedges
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 1 large celery stalk, cut thinly
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice bran oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 230 – 250 °C fan forced. Place a wire rack on a roasting pan. Pat dry pork with a paper towel and brush rind with rice bran oil. Roast for 20mins or until the skin begins to take colour. Reduce oven to 170 – 190 °C fan forced and roast for further 30 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- Preheat the grill on high and cut the crackling away from the meat. Place on a baking tray lined with foil. Grill for 5 minutes at approximately 11 cm away from the heat or until crackling is crisp and brown. Break rustically into pieces.
- Meanwhile, strip excess fat from pork and cut into slices. Arrange pork on a serving platter with leaf mix, fresh fruit, and celery. Dress with balsamic and olive oil. Serve alongside pork crackle.
The majority of the ingredients in this recipe are available in our store, please head in to see us and we would be glad to help you put this delicious meal together.