A simple dish packed with flavour and cooked to perfection. This dish is perfect for entertaining family and friends.
1 large Pendle Ham & Bacon leg of lamb (bone in)
6 garlic cloves
1 bunch oregano
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
6 tbsp olive oil
1½ kg desiree potatoes
400g chopped tomatoes (canned)
½ cup of pitted Kalamata olives
- Begin by preheating the oven at 240°C (fan) / 220°C (gas). Pound the garlic, half of the oregano, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar. Add combination to lemon juice, add a drizzle of olive oil and combine. Stab the lamb leg all over with a knife, then fill the holes with the herb paste to ensure flavour.
- Placed the chopped potatoes in a large roasting tin and drizzle over remaining olive oil and any remaining herb paste and combine. Place the lamb amongst the potatoes and roast for 20 mins at 240°C (fan) / 220°C (gas).
- Toss potatoes in remaining oil residue and reduce the temperature to 180°C (fan)/ 160°C (gas). Roast for another hour and 15 minutes if you prefer your meat medium-rare, or an hour and a half if you prefer your meat medium.
- During roasting period, continue to baste the lamb with remaining juices and continue to toss potatoes.
- Once lamb is done to your liking, remove from tin and allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes. Once rested, serve lamb with roasted potatoes.
The majority of the ingredients in this recipe are available in our store, please head in to see us and we would be glad to help you put this delicious meal together.