What is more Aussie than adding beer to your burger? This recipe gives you a quick guide on how to make Australia’s favourite burger.
- 900g lean minced beef
- 80ml of beer
- 4 shortcut bacon pieces
- 4 slices of canned pineapple
- 8 slices of beetroot
- Handful of rocket
- 4 slices of any cheese
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 an onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 medium bread rolls
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Tomato sauce
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Thoroughly mix the beef, garlic and lager. Mould the mixture into 4 x 1-inch thick patties or slightly larger than the buns to account for shrinkage.
- Turn the barbecue skillet to medium heat and sear the burgers on both sides until juicy and cooked.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion and bacon until crispy. With a touch of oil on the grill, fry the eggs how you like and pineapple until caramelised (about 1 minute on both sides).
- Now build your burgers and enjoy!
The majority of the ingredients in this recipe are available in our store, please head in to see us and we would be glad to help you put this delicious meal together.