Short on time? This stir fry is the perfect meal to make when you’re looking for a quick, healthy and filling dish to serve.
- 3 tablespoons of your oil of choice (sesame and peanut oil work well)
- 3 chicken breast fillets, trimmed and thinly sliced into strips
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 broccoli head, using only the florets
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- Cooked noodles or white rice, to serve
- Heat a wok (or saucepan) over high heat for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and move the wok or pan to allow oil to cover the entire surface. Add half of the chicken strips and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Set aside the chicken and repeat the process with the remaining meat.
- Add the remaining oil and allow the surface to become hot again. Add onion and capsicum, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic, with a dash of salt, for 1 minute.
- Add the soy and oyster sauce, stirring to cover all of the vegetables. Transfer the chicken to your wok or pan and stir until the chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and serve with cooked rice or noodles.
The majority of the ingredients in this recipe are available in our store, please head in to see us and we would be glad to help you put this delicious meal together.